- When and where is the 2017 RNQG Quilt Show?
Click the "Quilt Show '17" navigation button on the left for a summary. Quilt show setup takes place on Friday, March 17 from roughly 11 AM to 7 PM.
- What makes the RNQG Quilt Show special
(besides beautiful quilts made by our talented members)?
- our Special Exhibit showcasing works from the 2016 Hoffman Challenge, consisting of 40 quilts and 16 home dec items
- 15 vendor booths, offering a wide variety of quilting and crafting products
- "Boutique" table where guild members display and sell crafted items, quilting supplies, books, fabric, etc.
- "Buck-a-Block" area where anyone can make a quilt block to be incorporated into a comfort quilt that will be donated by RNQG to a needy individual or charitable organization
- How many quilts can I enter in the show?
As many as you wish! Only the first 3 are guaranteed to be shown. Others will be allowed as space permits. The "Quilt #" field in the Quilt Registration e-form is how you indicate your priority for quilts to be included in the show. Quilts numbered 1 through 3 are guaranteed. Quilts numbered 4 - 99 will only be accepted if we need more quilts to fill the room. You may not register a quilt that has appeared in a previous RNQG quilt show.
- When should I register my quilts?
As soon as possible, but no later than January 18, 2017! A quilt can be registered before it is completed only if you have confidence that it will be ready for the show. You must be able to estimate the completed quilt size and submit a photo of the quilt in progress. If you are unsure of the exact finished size, it is better to estimate slightly larger than expected so the quilt display chair will not need to change quilt placement plans during show setup.
- How do I register a quilt?
- Help! What do I do if my photo is too large to attach to the e-form?
It is very easy to re-size photos on both Macs and Windows-based computers using programs that came with your computer! There are many YouTube videos that demonstrate how to resize photos. The best I’ve found for a Windows-based machine, can be reached by clicking here; for a Mac computer, click here for the appropriate video.
- What must I do to sell items at the "Boutique" table?
Full details on registering and labeling items for sale can be found by clicking the "Boutique" tab found at the top of this page. Boutique items must be brought to the Blue Hills Regional Technical School during show setup on March 17, 2017. Individuals selling items at the boutique must retrieve unsold items at the close of the show on Sunday, March 19. Sellers will receive checks for 80% of the total income from their sold items when accounts for the quilt show are reconciled. RNQG keeps a 20% commission for items sold.
- What else can I do to help?
- Recruit able-bodied friends, relatives, or student groups to assist during show setup on Friday, March 17 and show tear down on Sunday, March 19! We need several people per 2-hour shift capable of carrying bins and climbing ladders.
- Help the guild to advertise the show! Postcards listing show details can be picked up at any guild meeting -- give them to friends, neighbors and business associates. Or click here for a 8 ½ X 11 flyer to print and hang in your local library, grocery store, employee bulletin board or any other public place that gives you permission to advertise the event.
- Make a small "Please Don't Touch the Quilts" quilt! Make a quilt no larger than 10" X 12" to give viewers a gentle reminder that "hands off" is the policy at our quilt show. The quilt you make for this effort can be given to AnneMarie Freitas at guild meetings through January 18, 2017. The quilt becomes the property of RNQG. There will be "Viewer's Choice" ribbons awarded to the three favorite submissions in this category, so make sure to put a label on your creation!
- My question isn't aswered here...where do I go for help?